Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
when exactly do I ovulate during or after the pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I know this question sounds dumb.  BUT I always have ovulation pains ( I know cause I happened to be at the OB/GYN for a year test and I happenned to have "the pain" and the doctor was looking down there and he's like "oh you are ovulating!!")
Anyway, I always wonder, at what time during the pain does it release the egg? So if I have pain today when would it be better to have sex today, tomorrow or yesterday, I can also feel ovulation coming its weird...
Anyone?  I'm not trying yet, I'm just getting informed for later this year.
You should have sex in the days before you ovulate. From what I have been told on the day of and after your odds are greatly decreased.  So you want to time it before you ovulate.
you ovulate after you feel ovulation pain
Your not alone, i feel ovulation too. So the pain that you feel that is intense is the rupture of the follice that releases the egg, shortly after the egg is released, you will still feel a little cramping when the egg is release you can call it "after pain" just like in labor.  If the pain has stopped and occurs again days after it is probably implantation or the start of your menses. It is definetly better to have sex on the days before ovulation, not just the day of.