when to take HCG Shot on Follistim from day 2-7
Hi there I have a question regarding the timing of HCG shot.  I had 4 failed IUI and one unsuccessful IVF. I am taking the medicine this time without any doctor's help. I am on Follistim 150mg from day 2 to day 7 and I have a 30 days cycle. When I was doing IVF sycle last month,  my doctor had asked me to take the HCG shot on day 11 and my Retrival was on day 13 (I took my injectables from day 3 -10). Do I have to follow the same routine and take the HCG shot on day 11th? Please please please help...........
Hello! i'm so sorry to hear about your failed cycles : (   Of course techincally you should be getting ultrasounds while taking these meds to make sure that you don't have any cysts, and also that you are triggering with the hcg when you have optimal amount of mature follicles? would your doctor do an ultrasound, maybe around cd10 or so?   everyone is different of course. but if you were on follistim before and you had mature follies around day 11 then you probably are going to have them around the same time this month.. if your feeling your abdomen get kind of full by then, you could trigger then, or wait till day 12 just to be sure if you dont' feel any fullness.. i typically trigger around cd11 on follistim as well.. GOOD LUCK!
Thanks so much for the reply. It means a lot to me. Just one more question as this time I am taking the Follistim 150mg injections from day 2-7  (I am using the leftover medicine from my previous IVF cycle, with my previous IVF cycle I took Follistim 200 mg + Menopur 75 IUfrom day 3 -10 and then took HCG shot on day 11. I had 7 Follicles 5 retrived and 4 fertilized but implantation did not accure) but this time I only have Follistim 900 IV ... do you think the Follicles will grow without medicine from day 8 till I get the HCG shot on day 11 or 12?
Thanks,
mimi
Defintely!  I only take my follistim on day 3,5, and 7  and then sometimes i'll take another "boost" on 9.... also the hcg helps them mature a little bit more as well. So they do keep growing, just not as super fast as they do with the injections! GOOD LUCK!
This is so dangerous what you are doing.  You take the HCG when your follicles are a certain size.  it's not specific to the day.  That's why you are monitored with ultrasounds to check the size of the follicles.  Maybe you should get a least one or two ultrasounds.  Insurance usually pays for that!!  Be careful.  This is very foolish what you are doing.