Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
worry about trying again after ectopic pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I had a miscarraige (miscarriage) in April 2008 and then an ectopic pregnancy in April 2009. I am now trying again and am so worried every month when I get my period as I'm never sure if it's a normal period or another ectopic pregnancy. I somehow seem to have forgotten what colour the blood was when it was ectopic so obsess about it every month. This month the blood seems very pink at the tail end instead of darker and turning brownish, although I have had 3 days or so of heavy bleeding as normal. Is it possible to bleed so heavily in an ectopic pregnancy or am I worrying unnecessarily?
Hiya,

I wouldn't read too much into the colour or heaviness of your periods. After my ectopics, both times my periods changed in regularity, colour & heaviness. Apparently it can take months for periods to settle down again.After having an ectopic, your chances of getting another one are higher (i'm sorry).  My second ectopic never came with ANY bleeding or cramps until it ruptured. I used to take a hpt when I was in doubt. Don't worry, you'll have a normal pregnancy!! :-)
I had an ectopic in June 09 and Ive been preggo 3 times after that, and everytime I swore I felt something on my left side (which was ectopic side and I still have my tube, it was saved) this is usually about 5wks into the pregnancy and my RE's office keeps telling me you wouldnt feel an ectopic or have any symptoms till your HCG levels reach 1500 or your 6wks or more as the baby is to small and only a ball of cells still..so if your feeling this way close to your period I wouldnt worry about it unless you were preggo and your hcg was extremely high,
But from what I know it takes a while for the hcg to get high in an ectopic..
Good Luck
oh..please don't worry hun! you will be alright and you will have a successful pregnancy soon..my sister had two ectopic pregnancies in to years and is now 5 months pregnant! so keep up the hope..
good luck to you!
i had an ectopic in july 10 nd my tube wasnt removed and i had one shot of meth and got my period the following month iwanna wait a couple periods and try again this was my first time ever havin this i alredy got 2 kids i hope i can have another baby soon