20 day cycle
Hi I have been TTC my first since November, thought we had it in February being two weeks late but blood work was negative. Doctor put me on medicine to kick start my period and it has really messed up my cycle from a regular 28 to a 20 day cycle almost. I don't know if this is regular or if I should contact my docter. I don't feel like I have been ovulating or been having the chance to on such a short cycle. Thank you!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that it might be a good idea to wait a month or two to see if your cycles are going to get back to normal on their own.  Because it causes a withdrawl bleed that is not dependent on ovulation, provera often causes the cycle to be irregular, but usually the cycles go back to baseline within a month to six weeks.
If you continue to have irregular cycles, calling your doctor would be a good idea.
Good luck!
Dr B
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.