Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
5 day transfer-1 morula, 1 grade 3 blast, and 1 3+ blast

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Hi, I am now 8 days post transfer. It was on Feb. 9. We transferred 2 embryos grade 3 (they said 4 was the best although they look more like grade 2's to me after looking at many pictures of blasts) and 1 morula using a 22 year old's eggs and donor sperm. I have no symptoms. What do you think the liklihood of success happening is? I am VERY concerned that I have no symptoms. In past pregnancies (concieved naturally, but miscarried) the areas around my nipples would always get larger and darker right around the time I was supposed to be getting my period. That is how I knew I was pregnant. This is my 3rd IVF (first time with donor eggs) and nothing is any different from the other times when the outcome was negative.
Thanks for any info or advice!
Hi!
I get this question a lot!  I never try to interpret symptoms, because in my years as a doctor and also a mom, I have seen such wide variation in symptoms in different women, and also in the same women with different pregnancies.
I think symptoms are even harder to interpret in ART pregnancies because of the high doses of injectable hormones that women are using.
Its best to wait and get the HCG level done.  THAT is hard to interpret too--I hope that is your next question!!! You can't tell if the pregnancy is a multiple from the HCG level.
Just so you know!
Good luck!
Dr B
Well, as it turns out I went for my blood test today (14 days after day 5 transfer) and it was positive! My beta is 964. I know that you can't really tell, but I am thinking it is probably a singeton...hopefully it will continue to double!
Congratulations!!!  Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months!!