Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Adhesions/Scarring 5th csection?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Adhesions/Scarring 5th csection?

5th c-section dangerous scarring from 4th?
i just found out i am pregnant again, i had a baby in feb. (yes of this year) I am 38 and was told NOT to have another child (this will be my fifth) because everyone of my sections has been a planned section and this last one they took extra time due to scar tissue/adhesions. my perinatologist who i was seen as my primary through my whole pregnancy was the one who said no more, he said it was the top 10 worst scarring he had seen. I was breastfeeding full time and am 100% pro life, i did not think i could even GET pregnant again given bfeeding/scarring... so, as naive as it sounds neither of us thought I could. I am really having a hard time accepting the possibility that i might have to terminate. I no longer see the perinatologist but i am waiting for a call back from the dr.'s office and hopefully they will give me my medical records and should probably get a second opinion is what i am thinking. I know the scarring was bad it took a lot longer this last time. The dr. looked scared at one point during the section and told me he had trouble and advised not to have more... but here i am pregnant again. Obviously having another baby at my age, with one that was just born 5 months ago is already scary but i am wondering what my options are- do i just keep looking for a dr that will support me or do i consider the risks to my health?