Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Adhesions

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Adhesions
I was operated last 2008 with ovarian cysts on both of my ovaries after 2 years i was informed that i have some adhesions because from the surgery. The extent of the adhesion my doctor doesn't know. My question can i be pregnant even i have some adhesions? Or the only way is i have to do laparoscopy surgery which i do not want to do. Please help thanks
Hi!
If you were my patient,  would advise you that there is a possibility that you could become pregnant without surgery.  There are a few options, one is to try for several months and see what happens.  Another is to do a test called a hysterosalpingogram (hsg) that will demonstrate whether your tubes are open or blocked.  (no surgery needed).  The final option is to do IVF (in vitro )if your tubes ARE blocked.
Don't get talked into a surgery that you don't want to do unless it is really necessary.
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you very much doctora certainly i would ask my doctor about this procedure. Thanks