Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Am I pregnant?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Am I pregnant?

My last period is dated on Nov. 11, 2012 and ends on Nov. 16, 2012. Then, me and my boyfriend had make love on the 29th November. I am now one week delayed. Am i pregnant? I already got a home pregnancy test, earlier prior to the date of my missed period, but i got a negative result.
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise repeating the test.  It is possible that the first time you were too early, and the pregnancy hormone level wasn't high enough to register yet.  If so, the test should be positive after one week.
It could also be that you are just having an atypical cycle--these are common--more common as women get older, and usually nothing to worry about.
Good luck!
Dr B
3 Comments
Blank
Hi my name is Annie um 4 weeks pregnant and 2 daysAnd I have started bleedingOn Sunday and I'm still bleeding nowStill bleed only a little bit like Spot inSo I wanted to know Should I go to the emergency roomI'm so scared and nervous because I just had a miscarriage in SeptemberI was pregnant in my tubes and have to have surgery oh I just wanted to know Charlotte North Carolina on normal
Blank
wait a week and take another test
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank