Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Antithrombin III Deficiency and Pregnancy . . Baby Aspirin?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Antithrombin III Deficiency and Pregnancy . . Baby Aspirin?

Hi.  I am 31 years old and I have had 2 miscarriages in the last year.  After my OB did blood tests, I have been found to have Antithrombin III deficiency.  I have been referred to a RE and have an appointment in 6 weeks.  I asked if I should stop trying to get pregnant until after my appointment, but was told just to call them if I get pregnant.  Since then, I have read that some OBs/REs suggest that, for blood clotting issues like mine, a woman should take baby aspirin while trying to conceive because it can help with implantation.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.