Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
CLOMID USERS

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

CLOMID USERS
Hi, i have just started clomid for 1st time had a natural miscarriage 7 weeks ago after falling pregnant naturally. I have a touch of pcos i have very irregular periods hence the clomid. Is there anyone who has pcos and used pregnant and concieved?
Hi!
Clomid usually works quite well in PCOS patients.  I tend to view miscarriages in a positive light--it means that eveything works, and you CAN get pregnant!
The clomid will help to regulate ovulation and speed up the time to another conception.
Make sure that you are using ovuation predictors and progesterone levels to determine if the clomid IS working.  I have seen too many women who just took clomid and nothing happened because they never checked to see if it worked for them.
If it is not working, sometimes Metformin or Dexamethasone are added, or sometimes patients are switched to Femara.
Make sure to take your prenatal vits too!
Good luck!

Dr B
I am on my first clomid regiment 50mg. I took my last pill today.  But I have been having induced period since I started the Clomid ; I spoke to a nurse in the obgyn office and she said I was shedding my lining ( what ever that means)  If I don’t  ovulate or if I don’t get pregers on the first try , can I ask my doctor to up my dosage or try some other medication? What other meds are available for infertility?