Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Can I get pregnant with fibroids?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can I get pregnant with fibroids?

My husband and i have one child in 1989. I had termination of pregnancy 2 years later as forced by my husband.
To my knowledge I never got a post abortion infection or complication Ever since after that we have been trying to get pregnant since 1992. I have had a very stressful unhappy marriage,stressful job,. Poor nutrition, not drinking enough water, on anti depressant medications.Very Irregular periods, thick dark blood, along with clots during my periods.
I was diagnosed with 4 fibroids in 2002, via laporoscopy, my tubes were clear.
I since then divorced,have a new partner this year 2010.
Jan 2010 , I did changed my whole lifestyle, I now eat organic, low stress level,taking herbal supplements and vitamins. Balance my hormones by herbal supplements, exercising, drinking plenty of water, my periods are finally perfect and regular at 28-29 days,no more clots, nice red blood, I check my BBT which  shows,  I am ovulating on day 12-14 of my cycle. pelvic u/s shoes fibroid decrease to 5.0 round,in post myometrium.No fibroids in the cavity uterus is not distorted, but enlarged at 12X5.8X4.7 endometrial is not thickened. 3 pedunclated fibroids in the outer fundus sizes ranges from3.2 cm to 2.9 cm. The doctor said there should be no reason why I should not get pregnant.Since that time I have had no sex,but ready  TTC.I was considering a myomectomy only because of the pain I feel from the posterior fibroid. If I get pregnant I may have alot of pain. Could it be my unhealthy lifestyle that prevented conception or the fibroid. Do you recommend surgery? Can I get pregnant with these fibroids?