Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Chances of pregnancy

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Chances of pregnancy

Hello...my husband and I have 3 year old twins.  We had to go through fertility injections to get them here though! It was a huge emotional and financial struggle....We are now thinking of trying to have another baby.  Wondering what my chances are of getting pregnant naturally without having to go through all that again.  I hear women's body's change after having a child.  My original diagnosis of infertility was due to polycystic ovarian syndrome...my Fallopian tubes were also collapsed but he did surgery to open them.  I also had to take ASA and Heparin throughout my pregnancy to keep my blood thin because after I did get pregnant during my fertility treatments I kept having miscarriages.  After blood thinners I carried the twins full term. So that is my story...but I just wonder if theres any way this second go around might just happen naturally without all that? Like maybe my body did change after carrying the twins! Thoughts?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the best determinant of whether or not you are fertile is whether you have regular cycles.  If you are having regular menstrual periods, you are very likely ovulating regularly and your chances of pregnancy are good (depending upon your age).  IF your periods are irregular, you are probably not ovulating regularly, and may have a more difficult time conceiving again.
I would definitely recommend that  you contact your doctor immediately if you DO become pregnant because 1) you are at high risk for tubal pregnancy and 2) the heparin/aspirin combination can be initiated to reduce your risk of miscarriage.
Good luck!
Dr B
Hi Drs, i'm married and i have 2year baby girl.i got pregnant after 3 months of my marriage normally without any problem.I got my period back after 9 months of getting the baby, it is regulare for 31 days, i decide to have the second baby when my first was 1year and 4months.but i didnt get pregnant until now.I weaned my baby when she was 1yr and 10 months old (2months ago).Is this delay in pregnant because of breast feedinng (note that i dont use any other birth control ),if yes ,for how many months should i wait after weaning to get pregnant again?