Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Change in menstration

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Change in menstration

My menstrual cycle has changed from coming regularly every 26 days to every 28 days starting in May of this year, 29 days in June and now to 32 days this month. My period this month was 4 days late but it arrived yesterday making this cycle 32 days. I am 35.5 years old have been trying to conceive for the past 2 years.  I want to know what could be causing this change with my cycle ex. start of menopause, cancer, pregnant?
Hi!
It is possible that this represents the beginning of menopause.  Unlikely to be cancer, and (sorry) probably not pregnancy.
If you were my patient, I would consider testing an FSH, an Anti-Mullerian Hormone level and an antral follicle count.  These are tests of your ovarian reserve (in other words -- how many eggs you have left). The tests would give you an idea of how likely it is that you will be able to conceive.
Good luck!
Dr B
The blood pressure and the weight problem seem to have sorted themselves out, which is great. The infrequent periods really should return to your normal pattern eventually.