Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Clomid Confusion

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Clomid Confusion

I took 50 mg of clomid day 3-7 of my cycle ( took provera but it didnt work so i drank parsley tea).I am now day 17 of my cycle and no ovulation yet,I know this because Ive been doing the digital OPK since day 3 of my cycle ,Is it possible to ovulate after day 12-16 of my cycle and if not when can I start on the next round? P.S i also have PCOS and take metformin also
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would probably increase the clomid dose next cycle.
Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work at the 50mg dose.  I usually wait until day 31 before starting the next cycle.  I hope that the patient will have a period by then.  I will sometimes do a progesterone level on day 21 if I think that the patient has ovulated. It is also possible to do pregnancy testing as early as day 23, but I will often wait until the period is missed, so save $.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
but if i dont have a period on my own which i usually dont then the doc will prob give provera again right.the provera didnt work for me last time(I drank parsley tea).so should i ask for that doseage to be increased too. i took 10mg for 7 days last time?thank you so much for your help!!!!
hi, i also have pcos and am on clomid. i am on my second round. the first round was the 50 mg and the dr told me i ovulated too late. i ovulated on day 25 when i should have on day 14. i am now on 100 mg and i have to start my period with provera too. mind u it could take up to a week before the provera works.i have a 41 day cycle. i will start my ovulation testing somewhere around the 23rd. and just keep fingers crossed that it works this time.