I am getting ready to start my 4th and last round of clomid prior to being referred to a specialist and my doctor won't increase the dosage from 50 mg to 100 mg. On the 1st round of clomid, I ovulated, on the 2nd round of clomid, I ovulated 8 days late, and on the 3rd round of clomid, I didn't ovulate at all and had no side effects. I have read that the dosage should be increased if you do not ovulate. My doctor won't increase my dosage because I ovulated 2 times on 50 mg and she doesn't want overstimulation. I also get an HSG scan this month and would like to increase my chances. Can anyone provide any advice on whether I should try to increase the dosage to 100mg or stay with the 50 mg? If I increase to 100mg, is there really a chance of hyperstimulation? Thanks!
Clomid is a bit of a double edged sword in that increasing the dose can also increase some of the problems associated with the medication such as poor cervical mucous quality. Certainly the dose should not be increased over 150mg. On the other hand, if the lower dose is not consistently helping you to ovulate, I would probably go up if you were my own patient. One other option is to try a different medication -- Femara. I like it much better than Clomid and have had better success with it personally.
The risk of hyperstimulation syndrome with Clomid is pretty small.
I was having irregular periods.Dr. told me that i hv PCOS. Few months back when i was not trying to concive so my dr. gave me Diane 35( 3 cycle), and metformin . During that period i had very regular period.but once i stopped taking diane 35 again i faced irregular period. my doc did some blood work,like
SERUM PROLACTIN (8.98 ng/ml),
SERUM TOTAL TSH ( 2.59 uIU/ml ),
AMH/MIS (4.77 ng/ml).
Now when i told him that i am TTC he has put me on Clomid 50 mg.and metformin. I hv taken my frist cycle of clomid . i am worried wats wrong with my body.
Hi elaine, I am 37 and have been TTC for 3 years, my GP Eventually sent me to specialist last year, previous to this he was putting my problem down to been on the pill for 14 years. i have had 2 cycles of 50mg, 1 of 100mg and have just finished 1 of 150mg today. I am doing day 21 progesterone bloods but dont get much info from the specialist when he gets results only that his secretary rings me to tell me, 'bloods were fine but the dose is being upped'. I am afraid that i have left it too late and now i wont be able to conceive at all. I am due to have a laparoscopy done next month and it that comes back ok then i will go under the group of unexplained infertility. and IVf will be my next option, but i wont be able to afford this as it is 4500e each time. do you have any info on the gonal F injection or what should my specialist be doing please....
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.