Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Could 3 days of ganirelix before stim cycle alter response?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Could 3 days of ganirelix before stim cycle alter response?

My fertility center made a mistake on my calendar and I stopped birth control pills several days early (for the purposes of scheduling retrieval). They had me inject 250mcg Ganirelix for three nights before I started my stimulation cycle with 400iu of Follistim each night for what will be 10 nights tonight, with Ganirelix added in again for the last three nights, and trigger shot tomorrow. More info about me below, but I'm wondering whether there's any chance those three days of Ganirelix at the beginning might affect my response to the Follistim in any way.

My info: This is my first cycle; I'm 41 (close to 42) and before starting had decent FSH levels (6.8 then 8.4, with estradiol <50) and an antral follicle count of 13. The doc measured 10 follicles today but thinks only about 6 might be mature enough for retrieval on Thursday.

Any insight about the Ganirelix would be very welcome. Many thanks!