Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Depo Shot Gone Wrong ???

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Depo Shot Gone Wrong ???

I'm 17 going on 18, last year in the month or June (2012) I had my first and only depo shot, I was due again for another one on August but I chose to never go back. And I had my first period on he month of November and it was like two weeks long of continuous spotting. Then on December I started having a 28 day cycle every month til this day. I still haven't been able to get pregnant and I kind of do notice egg white discharge, watery, creamy, sticky ... You name it, after about 4 days after I end my period. I have sex on my fertile days and still haven't got pregnant, is there any case of the depo shot causing infertility, temporary infertility, a normal side effect, I'm worried :( please help
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that if you are having regular menstrual periods, it is a sign that the depo shot has worn off and is no longer affecting you.  You probably haven't given things enough time as far as the pregnancy/fertility thing goes.  It can often take up to a year and we usually don't worry unless you have tried for longer than that.
I would encourage you not to be in a rush!
Your body will do what's right!
Dr B
But it's always on my fertile days that I have sex though I never miss a day I'm kind of thinking maybe he's infertile not me :/ he's 19 could there be a possibility that at a young age you can suffering from infertility ?