Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Depo Shot Gone Wrong ???
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Depo Shot Gone Wrong ???

I'm 17 going on 18, last year in the month or June (2012) I had my first and only depo shot, I was due again for another one on August but I chose to never go back. And I had my first period on he month of November and it was like two weeks long of continuous spotting. Then on December I started having a 28 day cycle every month til this day. I still haven't been able to get pregnant and I kind of do notice egg white discharge, watery, creamy, sticky ... You name it, after about 4 days after I end my period. I have sex on my fertile days and still haven't got pregnant, is there any case of the depo shot causing infertility, temporary infertility, a normal side effect, I'm worried :( please help
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that if you are having regular menstrual periods, it is a sign that the depo shot has worn off and is no longer affecting you.  You probably haven't given things enough time as far as the pregnancy/fertility thing goes.  It can often take up to a year and we usually don't worry unless you have tried for longer than that.
I would encourage you not to be in a rush!
Your body will do what's right!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
But it's always on my fertile days that I have sex though I never miss a day I'm kind of thinking maybe he's infertile not me :/ he's 19 could there be a possibility that at a young age you can suffering from infertility ?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank