Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Does Medroxyprogesterone increase temperature right away?

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Hello doctor,
I am currently on CD67. My doctor prescribed me Medroxyprogesterone (Provera) to induce my menses.
I took the first dose yesterday evening and this morning my basal body temperature sky rocketed, it is the highest ever.
Does Provera have this quick effect on the body? I am asking this question as I am also hoping that I have ovulated on my own.
I took my temp this morning the exact same time and same way I do everyday.
I know Provera mimics the luteal phase so it is hard to tell as of now. I just wasn't expecting it to affect my bbt so fast.
Thank you
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that  you are probably seeing the effect of the provera.  It does work pretty quickly.
Good luck!
Dr B