Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Donor Egg SEcond Miscarriage

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Donor Egg SEcond Miscarriage
I have just experienced my second miscarriage after DE IVF, both were exactly at 6 weeks after spotting for about a week.  We used a different, proven, donor the second time but both times the embryos looked really good at 5 days and even had 5 chromosome testing that said they were good. We are heartbroken and dont understand what is happening.  The doctors do not seem to have any answers.  How common is miscarriage in this situation?
Hi!
There are whole websites donated to implantation failure which is the probable cause of your losses.  Unfortunately it is very common, and agonizing.  It is also not well understood and a hot area of research.
By the way--you might want to look at this site:
http://www.ivf1.com/ivf-implantation-failure/
There are various panels of blood tests and other studies that can be done to work up the problem.  Certainly, if you have not had an HSG or saline ultrasound to rule out a endometrial/uterine abnormality, you should.
Another thing to consider if you try again, is accupuncture.
Many REs use baby aspirin, heparin, steroids or some combination of all of these (I took all three) to help the embryo in the earliest stages.

You must decide for yourself how much you are willing to go through--time expense and emotional stability.  The next step to consider would be a surrogate if you are not up for another cycle personally.

I wish you all the best
Dr B
mhv
I don't have any answers for you, but I can tell you what happened in my instance.  We also used donor eggs and miscarried at about 7 wks.  the doc was scratching his head as to why. He finally did a hysteroscopy, because he couldn't get my uterus to thicken back up, and he found cysts that couldn't be seen on the u/s (asherman's disease) but that's what caused the m/c.  My uterus just wasn't strong enough.

Good luck in finding your cause!  I hope you get a successful BFP soon!!!
i am so sorry for u.  next month i am going to have IVF.  i am really tensed and scare to get it done.  i have read somewhere that even if  u bleed that doesnt mean u have miscarriage.  so keep faith. and pray to god.