Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Eggs not maturing

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Eggs not maturing
We have been trying for over two years to get pregnant. My periods are regular and the doctor says my lining is doing what it should. However, he says that my eggs are not maturing. He has prescribed me Letrizole for next month. Does anyone know what could be causing the eggs not to mature? Also, does anyone have experience with the drug Letrizole?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to Google "Polycystic Ovary Syndrome".  The problem your doctor thinks you have is probably a variant of PCOS. Letrizole is my favorite drug for this condition.
Good luck!
Dr B