Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Endometrial polypys and pregnancy

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Endometrial polypys and pregnancy

I am a 30 year old woman diagnosed with endometrial polyps. I was having prolonged (2 months straight) of heavy bleeding. My doctor prescribed Ortho-Novum and it stopped the bleeding for a little while, however when i had intercourse with my husband i started spotting. I have had a miscarriage and desperately want children.I have been trying to conceive for 9 years until last month when my doctor put me on birth control pills to stop the bleeding. If i stop taking the birth control to try to get pregnant, will i start the prolonged bleeding again, and are the polyps what is causing my infertility? And what can be done about the polyps? My doctor suggested a D&C but i read that there is no guarantee that it will remove them
bbrant,  
were the polyps diagnosed by HSG or by saline infusion sonography?  if you have polps, irregular cycles and infertility, a hysteroscopy would be preferred over a D and C. A hysteroscopy is a small teloscope which the doctor inserts into the uterus while you are asleep to find and remove polpys or fibroids.  A D and C is performed blindly, so the polyp, or other problem, can be easily overlooked.  david
My doctor did an endometrial biopsy  and called me back in a few days later and told me I had endometrial polyps but not not worry because they were no cause for concern nor would they prevent pregnancy. She told me the only 2 choices i had were birth control pills (which i dont understand because my husband and I are trying to get pregnant) or a D&C. I opted for the birth control pills because the research I did said the D&C wouldnt guarantee the removal of the polyps.
Hi, I emailed you but haven't heard back.  You can email me at n0natellaATgmail.c0m (use the letter O, not zeroes)