Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Estradiol and Clomid
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Estradiol and Clomid

Can you please tell me if estradiol has effect on OPKs?  I know clomid does.  Also, can you tell me if my Ovulation will be delayed...guess I am not sure what exactly the estradiol will do?  I am on 3rd month of clomid, took 50mg first two months and now 100mg and now dr put me on estradiol (days 10-14)  started the estradiol yesterday.
Thank you!
Related Discussions
It is hard to predict. The higher levels of estrogen may promote the midcycle LH surge, which is what urine OPKs look for. If this happens, the surge might come a couple of days earlier. This is called positive feedback. On the other hand, the higher estrogen levels my inhibit LH (this is called negative feedback) delaying the surge. You will need to test for ovulation to find out.
2 Comments
Blank
Here's what my RE told me:
Your body tends to naturally select or favor one follicle a month and hold the others back while it matures. The estradiol supresses this mechanism, allowing multiple follicles to mature, and making your chlomid or other drugs a better shot at producing multiple eggs.
Blank
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker