Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Fertility

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Fertility
How do you know if your fertility level has dropped? My friend and her husband have been together 4 years and has been ttc after a year together She got pregnant and had a miscarriage and she hasn't been able to get pregnant since then.
Hi!
Fertility tends to begin to decrease fairly rapidly after 35.  If your friend is younger than that and is having regular periods, she is probably OK and just needs to keep trying a bit longer.  If she if over 35 or has tried for over  6 months with no results she might want to contact her doctor--I would ask a patient of my own to come in for some testing at that point.
Good luck!
Dr B