Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Fingers crossed!
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Fingers crossed!

My husband and I have been ttc for a year and a half now with no luck. I was on depo from 16-21 and am 25 now. Could this be the reason it is taking so long? I recently had lab work tsh/lipid profile/metabolic panel etc and everything was normal. Any suggestions on the next step to take?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that your history of depo is probably NOT the reason for the delay.  I would definitely begin a work up for you.  First things I would do is recommend ovulation predictors to see if you are ovulating consistently, and also a semen analysis to check his parameters.  If those are both fine, the next step might be a dye study to check the fallopian tubes for blockages ( an HSG).
Don't wait any longer!
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank