Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Getting Pregnant

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Getting Pregnant

Hi, I am 23 years old and trying to get pregnant.  I have had no such luck, I always have very normal periods and no health issues. I have been trying for almost about a year, and I have sex with my husband almost everyday. My husband had a child from a previous relationship. What could be wrong? Please help
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would begin a work up for you.  I usually start by testing hormones such as thyroid, prolactin and FSH.  I also like to check a semen analysis.  If all of those tests are normal and you have regular periods, I would want to consider an hsg to be certain that there is no scarring of the fallopian tubes. Don't wait too long before contacting your doctor.  
Good luck!
Dr B                                                                                                                  
Hello, i just found out im 6 wks preggers! It took us two years to get to where we are today! But that whole thing that people say once you stop trying thats when it happens is so very true!! We tried for so long and finally we decided to stop and get prepaird ig. Im quite healthy as well but i will tell you a few things that i beleive helped us concive! One, if you drink any soda stop it now. Water is your best froend!! Also you may already be taking prenatals if not then start asap. Get the ones with DHA and folic acid. I take cvs brand prenatal gummys. Also have you seen youre ob lately? Get a checkup on your system! As well as give you all the info you need from preparing to fertility treatments all the way to birth after conception. Another thing is exercize, get into good pre baby weight! Finally i know this is the hardest to do. But stop stressing . Dont have sex to concive just enjoy it. When your period comes near expect it and welcome it. Be prepared and qho knows the moment you stop thinking about it and are waiting for your period. Mother nature passes you by and you have a positive pregnancy test. Stop trying but do not give up! You will get where you want it just may take a bit. Good things come to those who wait! I hope this helps and good luck ttc!(:
Try having sex everyother day, sperm is stronger,  my obgyn told me that. Also if you have a smart phone download ovulation calculator and it will help to pin point your most fertile days I tryed for 6 months and its true once you stop stressing about it will happen. But try online or that app I stated above. It helped me alot with my son he is 5 know plus I just got pregnant right aways know I am 15 weeks best of luck to you.