Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
HSG TEST
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

HSG TEST

thanks for anwering,

HSG test, (comments)

HSG performed with catheter and water-solube iodine containing contrast medium.

there is smooth indentation on the fundus with normal sized uterine cavity, no persistent filling defect is seen in uternie cavity.

right fallopian tube is not visualized with no spill ipsilaterally. however, left fallopian tube is normally opacified with loculated spill on left side.

CONCLUSION
arcuate uterus with normal sized uterine cavity (notmal variant).
left fallopian tube is patent with loculated spill on left side moth likely due to underlying infective process.
right fallopian tube not visualized (post slapingectomy
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
It appears from this report that there is some scar tissue around the left fallopian tube.
This may have resulted from a previous infection or surgery.
The tube itself seems to be normal.
If you were my patient, I would recommend considering diagnostic/operative laparoscopy to remove scar tissue from around the left tube.  This might very well restore fertility since the tube appears normal.  I would also probably use a barrier such as Interceed in hopes of preventing new scar tissue from forming.

One to two months later, I would repeat the HSG to see how things looked.  If there was still no free spill from the left tube, I would proceed to In Vitro.

Hope this helps!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
974298_tn?1324836793
But how are scar tissue formed? Like me, I have never had any infection except for yeast infection. Could that cause scar tissue? I have been trying to conceive for over 7 months with no luck. I did a progesterone test and the results came back normal and I'm scheduled to do a hsg this saturday.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank