Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
High BBT CD7 after Clomid (CD 3-7)

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

High BBT CD7 after Clomid (CD 3-7)
I am on my first round of clomid and have been temping to help determine when I ovulate.  I took 50mg of clomid on days 3-7 of my cycle (induced by prometrium) .  On day 7 my temperature went from about 97.3 in the days prior to 97.8, then up to 98.2, and 98.1 today.  Is it possible to ovulate that early (and still be taking clomid) ?  

Thanks,
segan
Hi!
It is possible, but its unlikely that it would happen so early, unless your cycle is completely out of sync with your medications.  Temperatures can be hard to interpret, so I always have my patients use ovulation predictors (similar to home pregnancy tests).
If your clomid is working, you should see a positive predictor on about day 11 or 12 and the ovulation should occur 24-48 hours after that.
Once your body is producing progesterone you should see the temperature up around 99 every day until the end of the cycle.  I also like to confirm ovulation in my patients with a progesterone level on day 21 or so.
I hope this helps!
Dr B
I've just finished my first clomid cycle and I think I ovulated on day 9. My cycle was only 23 days. Does this mean the clomid didn't work properly? I had an ultrasound on day 11 which showed 3 giant follicles (more than 20mm) on the right and one on the left, and one that had already ruptured. But my temperature never went higher than 98°. Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.