Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
How soon after c-section can I get pregnant?

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

I am a 33 years old.  I have an 8 yr old and just lost a baby at 40 weeks during delivery.  They lost his heartbeat during contractions.  They do not know exactly what happened.  Suspect umbilical cord problems.  I had an emergency c-section to no avail.  

My question is how long do we have to wait to try again.  I have gotten mixed answers from several doctors.  Most say as long as there is a year or more between births it is ok.  Is this true?
I am sorry to hear about your loss. This is a question better answered by your ObGyn, depending on your general physical and emotional health. If you are not anemic, once you start to feel better physically and emotionally, I feel it would be OK to start trying again in 3-6 months.
Im so sorry for you loss. I also had a c-section with my daughter and my dr told me to wait til at least 6 months to try again because she wanted the age spaced at least a year for my body's sake. I ended up getting pregnant when my daughter was 4 1/2 months old, and everything was fine when we went in for the ultrasound, and it all turned out fine. Best of wishes to you.
A related discussion, pregnancy was started.
A related discussion, giving birth was started.