Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
How to get pregnany with stage 4 endo?

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

How to get pregnany with stage 4 endo?

I have had a cyst measuring 4.5 cm  for more than a year now. It wont go away for some reason. I am in Iraq with my husband because hes placed there for few years. I also have stage 4 endo. I tried visiting doctors here but for some reason I dont trust them. the doctor put me on clomid while having a cyst! I was in soo much pain that day.

Should i buy Lupron?
Should i just take birth control pills?
My period are very normal (28 day cycle)
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would not use Clomid--especially if it caused pain.  That probably means that it was stimulating your endometriosis.  If you have regular periods, you have a chance of conceiving on your own without help. OR if you want to control your endometriosis, birth control would be fine.  I would use those in my patient, unless they didn't help, then I would go to Lupron.  You may ultimately need IVF to overcome your endometriosis, and the sooner the better--if at all possible.  As for the cyst, an ultrasound or MRI should be able to distinguish an endometrioma from a teratoma--either of those is the most likely.  Cancer is extremely UNLIKELY or it would have progressed.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
How long do you suggest I stay on Birth Control pills and then leave them to try to conceive?

What does Lupron actually do to endometrosis? How long should I be on it for?

I wanted to use the time here in Iraq rather than wasting it.