Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
I had tubal ligation feb 2012
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

I had tubal ligation feb 2012

I have regreted getting my tubes tied,cut, and burned. I am 24 and have 3 children 5, 3, and 17 months. Me and my fiance want one more and like now but we know chances are low and not happening now. What can i do aboit this.  Can i get pregnant at all after i had this procedure?please help
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
Your best bet for a baby after having your tubes tied is one of two options:
Have a tubal re-anastomosis (which is a major surgery and usually not covered by insurance) or in vitro fertilization--you would probably be an excellent candidate--but again, cost is often an issue.
A reproductive endocrinologist could help you decide which is the best route for you to take.
Good luck!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
An option if you want to still have children is in vitro fertilization. An oocyte can be plucked from your ovaries and your husband's sperm can be allowed to fertilize that egg in a fluid medium. Once this has occured, the zygote (growing baby) can be placed inside your uterus so that a normal pregnancy can take place. However, the process is not cheap, and most likely, insurance does not cover the procedure. It is also very very very very very rare that you could get pregnant through normal intercourse but I wouldn't recommend relying on that.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank