Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Implantation after extended breastfeeding
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Implantation after extended breastfeeding

I am in the process of weaning my 24 month old (I'm nursing just a few minutes a day in the morning). I have had two periods, the first was on the light side, the second was 24 days later and was normal, maybe a bit heavy.  Generally I am very regular, 27 day cycle.
I went to my obgyn on day 10 and she said everything looked fine, there were follicles, they were the right size  and so on   but the endometrium was a bit thin.  This is our second month of trying and we tried on the 10th, 11th and 13th day of my current cycle. The problem is I don't know when I ovulated and I have read that extended breastfeeding can affect implantation (that is why the endometrium is thin?).

I just turned 38 so I feel I do not have much time left to try for another baby and I have heard that it can take up to two years for your hormones to normalize.

Should I ask my doctor for hormone treatment?  Or should I just wait for my body to get back to normal on its own?