Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Life After Lupron...

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Life After Lupron...

HI there - In April, I was diagnosed with Endometriosis.  Through a laparoscopy my RE discovered that it was quite bad (I believe stage 3).  He removed the majority of it during the surgery, and I had no cysts, but I had to go on Lupron for 6 months.  I have a couple of questions about this...

1. The last injection I had was a 3-month slow release dose. That was 2 months ago.  I feel like I am having symptoms of ovulation this month.  Is it possible to have symptoms but not ovulate?  I thought I would not ovulate at all with Lupron...

2. The final injection for me will be in mid-September (it will be a one month dose).  When should I expect my period and my body to go back to normal so we can start TTC again? (FYI - the doctor looks hopeful that we can go back to IUI's again and be successful - minus the use of my left ovary which was the worse of the two)

3. Will everything go back to the same pattern as before the Lupron or will it all be different depending when my body gets back to normal?  Meaning, does my body think that it was having periods and ovulating and is still on the same cycle..?

Thank You!
Right? Lupron comes in daily, one month and three month formulations. Luron does stop ovulation but shutting down the signal from the brain to the ovary. Lupron is pretty good about doing what it is suppose to,,meaning a daily dose last a day, a monthly dose last a month and a 3 month dose last 3 months. I would not count on it going longer than the time alotted but not a lot in the shorter range either. When the  duration of the formulation given is over, most people go back to their cylce pattern before lupron rather quick, maybe a one month wash out of your system. If you were irregular before then irregular after, regular before then regular after.
HOPE THIS HELPS
Thank you!!
A related discussion, Lupron was started.