Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Low Ovarian Reserve
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Low Ovarian Reserve

My husband and I just had a follow up with our RE regarding our recent round of fertility testing.  I am 32 he is 35.  My husband's SA results were excellent.  As for me, my tubes are open, uterus normal.  My cycle monitoring showed that I developed a good size follicle (2.2) and the peak estrogen was excellent.  My peak progesterone was adequate (though, not perfect).  During the course of testing the Gyno. who did my HSG removed a cervical polyp near/at the opening of my cervix.  My FSH was normal(7.6) but my AFC was low (7) (i posted about this before).  My RE said that my ovarian reserve is low based on the AFC but that it's possible the reason we haven't conceived as yet (10 cycles) may simply have just been the cervical polyp that may have been a mechanical obstruction for the sperm.  He suggested that we try for another 2-4 cycles naturally and then come back at the end of September (13 cycles total) to do an AMH test and develop a treatment plan.  I am curious, if my ovarian reserve is actually low, in light of all the other testing, is it still likely that we CAN conceive on our own?  I'm just not clear on whether low ovarian reserve (at this level, at my age) is a bar to conception in and of itself...  I'd like to have some affirmation that even if my reserve is low its still possible for us to conceive  - because i have my doubts that the polyp was the problem... I don't want to keep trying naturally if the odds are against us.