Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
NEED AN ADIVICE
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

NEED AN ADIVICE

HI I AM 23 YEAR OLD FEMALE, MY FSH AND LH HORMONE LEVELS ARE RAISED MY DOCTOR DIAGONIZED IT  AS PREMATURE OVARIAN FAILURE AND IS AUTOIMMUNE DISORDER,THERE IS ALSO DISCHARE FROM MY BREAST BUT MY PROLACTIN LEVELS ARE NORMAL NOW PLEASE TELLME   WHETHER IT WILL CREATE PROBLEM IN CONCIEVING IN FUTURE THAK YOU
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you truly have premature ovarian failure, you will need to use donor eggs and In Vitro Fertilization in order to conceive. Premature Ovarian Failure is basically the same thing as menopause except that it occurs at a much younger age.  If you are willing to consider donor eggs, there is no reason why you can't carry a pregnancy.
Some things to consider:  An MRI of the pituitary--there are some very rare LH/FSH secreting tumors, if you have this instead of POF your ovaries may be fine.  Also, I'm sure your doctor has tested your thyroid and ruled out diabetes, but if not, better check for problems there too.  Lastly, you will probably need to take supplemental hormones and calcium for bone density.

Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker