Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Need Answers

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Need Answers
Hi I'm 21 and me and my husband have been trying for 3 years but still nothing. He has a baby from his last relationship. So now I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me. We have sex everyday at least 3 times a day. I get regular periods. So I don't see a problem but there is. What do we do now?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would ask you to come in for some testing.
I would want you to use ovulation predictors (they are next to the pregnancy tests at the store) and document that you are ovulating.  I would check some blood hormone levels too.  I would want him to submit a sperm sample just in case anything has changed.   The final thing I would want to discuss is an hsg or dye study to check to see if your tubes are open or blocked.
a general ob/gyn doctor should be able to coordinate all of this testing for you.
Good luck!
Dr B
I had the same problem. i actually cut back on sex an waited for the thired day after my period an im surprizingly three months an a week prego. so i wish you lots of luck