Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Need Answers
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Need Answers

Hi I'm 21 and me and my husband have been trying for 3 years but still nothing. He has a baby from his last relationship. So now I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me. We have sex everyday at least 3 times a day. I get regular periods. So I don't see a problem but there is. What do we do now?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would ask you to come in for some testing.
I would want you to use ovulation predictors (they are next to the pregnancy tests at the store) and document that you are ovulating.  I would check some blood hormone levels too.  I would want him to submit a sperm sample just in case anything has changed.   The final thing I would want to discuss is an hsg or dye study to check to see if your tubes are open or blocked.
a general ob/gyn doctor should be able to coordinate all of this testing for you.
Good luck!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
I had the same problem. i actually cut back on sex an waited for the thired day after my period an im surprizingly three months an a week prego. so i wish you lots of luck
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank