Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Nine and counting... pcos
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Nine and counting... pcos

i have pcos wich was just recently diagnosed,I have suffered nine misscariges and now cant seem to even conceive. I am recently unemployed and without health insurance does anyone know any natural ways to combat pcos without the medication to improve my chances of conceiving and carrying to term? I have tried weightloss but the weight just wont come off i ave changed my eating habits and am lost on what else i can do.
603463_tn?1220630455
HI!
IF you were my patient, and wanted natural methods of combating PCOS I would have to recommend diet and exercise.  Losing even 10lb can be enough to regulate your cycle and improve your chances of conception.  Additionally, losing weight is important for good pregnancy outcomes and also for the baby--traits like obesity and type 2 diabetes can be transmitted to a child from the mother.
Sorry to say so, but diet and exercise is your best answer!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
I have been on a diet for a while now i don't eat many sweets at all, i try to eat wheat and grain as well as fiber and lots of veggies, are their any specific things that i should be putting in or cutting out of my diet?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank