Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
No Luck

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

No Luck
hello, this will be my fifth month using Femara to help with becoming pregnant but it has had no luck. Before being put on Femara my cycles were regular I could almost tell you the time of the day that I would start and now my periods are way off kilter. Is this normal for a fertility medicine to mess up your cycles Also, how long should I take femara before trying something different?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that sometimes it does happen that fertility medications alter your cycle for the worse.  It is a good rule of thumb that if a type of therapy ( Femara, IUI, etc) hasn't worked within 3-6 months it is time to try something else.
Good luck!
Dr B