Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
No period after taking estrogen and progesterone
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

No period after taking estrogen and progesterone

My periods have always been normal... body is like clockwork.  I had a miscarriage earlier this year and had a D&C.  4 weeks after the D&C I started my period.  However there was alot of deep placental tissue left and I had a hysteroscopy to get that removed.  After the hysteroscopy the doc put me on estrogen for 4 weeks and progesterone for 7 days.  EXCEPT, my period started before I could finish the estrogen (I was on week 3 of estrogen).  So according to the doc my body's natural hormones took over (as my period came on it's normal timing).  So I stopped the estrogen and but he told me to still do the progesterone for 7 days (even though my period came already).

So this month my period is now 5 days late and I am really starting to worry as it's never been late before.  I just took a home pregnancy test today and it is a big fat negative.  I even had PMS cramps for the past week but no period.

Did taking estrogen and progesterone somehow screw up my body??  

I was thinking if I don't get my period next month I will follow up with the doc.