Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Ovulation

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Ovulation
Hi I'm 35yrs old have two children already, I'm in a new relationship and we both want to start a family I came off the depo injections 6 months ago and just bought a ovulation kit, I have been using it for the last 5 days and says I'm not ovulating want to know if there is something I can do to help
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would start an evaluation right away.  If you are not ovulating, a medicationsuch as Femara or Clomid might be helpful.  Of course you are not old by today's standards, but you don't want to waste any time either.  Your ob doctor might want to do some blood tests such as prolactin, TSH, FSH and progesterone levels too, to see if one of these medications might be right for you.
Good luck!
Dr B