Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Ovulation Pain with Pinkish Red Spotting

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Last night was 13 Days past 1st day of menstral and all of a sudden I had to go to the bathroom when I wiped there was pinkish red blood on the toliet paper and a little in my underwear.  It was followed by my monthly ovulation pain.  up till the last 3 cycles, I have never had this before.  I am really starting to get nervous about this blood.  I have never known blood and pain to be a good combination.  I do not have insurance and since we are saving for a baby right now and trying to concieve (conceive), I do want to jump the gun if it is just ovulation bleeding like someone else told me.  I have no pain at all now and no more bleeding when wiping after that one time.  

So, what is this and should I be concerned?  

Since we had sex 3 days in a row before this pain, do you think we covered the basis or should we still go every other day from here on out.  I promised my husband I wouldn't push so hard and that we could go every other day if he likes this cycle.  Ever since I had my thyroid removed, I get tired earlier than I used to and weight gain for both my husband and myself makes sex not as attractive as it used to.  
Mid cycle bleeding at ovulation is pretty common, as is pain. It usually goes away after a few months. You might want to make sure your thyroid replacement is adequate by getting thyroid blood tests. If the bleeding persists, an ultrasound, and a blood test on day 21 for progesterone to make sure you are ovulating, would be reasonable. Your most fertile period of time, assuming a 28 day period, is probably days 11-18, and intercourse every couple of days is more than adequate. Good luck!
I never use to have this, but I have had it for 3 cycles...when I O, have bloody ewcm, then ewcm goes away and have spotting for a day or two then gone. I called my RE and she said it was just from O'ing.
I'm soooo sorry...I didn't realized I was on the MD question board...oops
A related discussion, Miscarried and unknown was started.