Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Ovulation issuses

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Ovulation issuses

HI
I am 21 years old have been tring for a year and a half now. Was going to let nature take it corse then I started bleeding for 24 days straight and went 2 months with only 4 days of not bleeding. Called doctor and with out any consult or exam he put me on clomid and provera then on the first clomid I did not ovulate so went to next dose it and it made my mood so bad my husband couldn't stand me so stoped clomid. then went 4 month with bleeding almost non stop. It always varyed in color and amont but still bleeding so went in had pelvic exam and blood draw still not ovulat so put on medroxyprogestrone to see if it would help stop bleeding. Whould really like to get preg but wondering what is the nexted step and is there anything i should ask my doctor to look at. Or any thing I sould take naturaly
HI!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that there is strong possibility that you may have PCOS.  I would do some hormone testing.  I would then discuss the possibility of weight loss (if you are overweight) and also Metformin with you.  If we tried Metformin and had no success, I would probably want to try Clomid again.
The problem is that you are probably not ovulating.  If you are not ovulating, you won't have regular cycles and you will have difficulty conceiving.
Good luck!
Dr B