Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Ovulation

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Ovulation

Hi. My cycles have recently become shorter and consist of 28 to 29 days. Ovulation seems to be occurring later, around day 22, making my lunear phase less than 10 days long. Would this be a  pregnancy issue?

Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that if your cycles are 28-29 days, your ovulation is most likely occurring around day 13-14.  (Count the first day of your menstrual period as the first day of your cycle).  The luteal phase is almost always exactly 14 days.  It actually sounds like your cycles are pretty normal.
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you so much for the the feedback, it's greatly appreciated! I wanted to add that have been using ovulation test(s) during day 14 to 22 of my 28 to 29 day cycle. My test was done every other day and it determined my ovulation on day 22 (7 days prior to next expected menstrual cycle). My concern is that the lunear phase isn't long enough as it seems less than 12 days. I've been testing for 2 months now.