Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
PCOS

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

PCOS

I have been diagnosed with PCOS as my monthly cycle irregular for some days up or down, Dr puts me on Metformin(®Glucophage) , now my question is how long i wait to concieve (conceive)?? and should Metformin induced cysyts to destroy or not ??

my husband also have sluggish sperm motility to 15%, so what should we do to normalize it??
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would say, don't wait any time at all before trying.  It may be awhile before your cycles become regular, and that is the point at which conceiving is going to become easier.  IF your cycles don't become regular within 2-3 months, you may wish to speak with your doctor about adding additional medications to help you ovulate--that's what the medications are supposed to do.  Once you are ovulating, your cycles should be a predictable, and within 21-31 days long.  When your cycles are regular, it is lots easier to figure out how to time intercourse and increase you chances for success.
It is possible to conceive even before your cycles are regulated, so check a pregnancy test if you are not sure!
Good luck!
Dr B