Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Paxil impact on fertility

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Paxil impact on fertility

I am a 28 year old male and a couple of years ago i used Paxil for around 1.5 years. Now i really want to know if this can have a possible impact on the fertility once stopted with this medication (after +-2 years)?

Thanks,
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that it is unlikely that Paxil will have an effect this far out.  Theoretically sperm are manufacture continuously, and it takes about 3 months to "build" them -- so all of the new ones should be OK.
IF you are trying to conceive and it is taking longer than a year, you might consider having your sperm tested, but otherwise, I wouldn't worry.
Good luck!
Dr B