Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Possible pregnancy
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Possible pregnancy

My last period began April 7th.  I had unprotected sex April 18th (right around time of ovulation).  For the past 3 or 4 days I've been having these crampy pains in my lower abdomen(actually, it's radiating all around my lower body, to my back)--the pains have been more to the left.  They are similar to PMS cramps, but somehow different.

I've started feeling very nauseous in the past 48 hours and have become more and more tired.  No other symptoms--my period isnt set to start until later in the week.

Could this be pregnancy, or just late ovulation?  I didnt think ovulation pains lasted for 4 days!  Would a first response early result test work yet?
Related Discussions
I know you are anxious, but these questions cannot be answered yet. The crampy pains may be gastrointestinal, may be the sign of a coming period. It is too early to attribute any pains or nausea to an early pregnancy. If you have conceived this month, implantation would have occurred on or around today - way to early to cause these symptoms. I would recommend not doing a pregnancy test until around May 5 or 6. The earliest that it would be positive would be around April 30, but if negative you would not know if it is just too early and if positive you might still have what is called an early biochemical pregnancy. Up to 30% of early biochemical pregnancies, that is postive home pregnancy tests before an anticipated period, are lost and the period comes when expected of just a few days late.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now