Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Pregnancy

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Pregnancy
Hello I am 23 and my fiance and I have been trying to get pregnant for about 8 months now and no success. He already has a son so we know that he can have babies. I just want to know the best thing to do to get pregnant.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to take your folic acid (if you haven't already started).  I would advise intercourse every day or every other day throughout the cycle.  You can pinpoint your fertile time with ovulation predictors (near the pregnancy tests in the store aisle).  Most doctors won't start a work up until you have been trying for at least a year.
Good luck!
Dr B
Exercise. i did when i was trying for my daughter and within a couple of weeks i was pregnant. eat healthy n stay positive!