Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Pregnancy
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pregnancy

Hello I am 23 and my fiance and I have been trying to get pregnant for about 8 months now and no success. He already has a son so we know that he can have babies. I just want to know the best thing to do to get pregnant.
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to take your folic acid (if you haven't already started).  I would advise intercourse every day or every other day throughout the cycle.  You can pinpoint your fertile time with ovulation predictors (near the pregnancy tests in the store aisle).  Most doctors won't start a work up until you have been trying for at least a year.
Good luck!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
Exercise. i did when i was trying for my daughter and within a couple of weeks i was pregnant. eat healthy n stay positive!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank