Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Pregnancy after IVF
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pregnancy after IVF

HI ,
I am 29 and my husband is 34 . We had two blastocyst transfer 14 days ago . We went for hcg blood test , 11 day post transfer and got a positive hcg 196 .
Today, which is day 14 post transfer, took another blood test and hcg was 150 !
I havent been feeling any pregnancy symptoms except for some very mild acidity , on and off , and that's about it .
So i am worried is that going to be viable pregnancy ? with no symptoms till now ? and with hcg 150 on day 14 ?
is this considered a big drop of hcg in two days ?

Thanks ,
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would be very concerned.  The hcg should be approximately doubling every 48 hours.  If it fails to do so, it usually indicates that the pregnancy is not viable.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
3 Comments
Blank
Am i going through a miscarriage ? Why ? What could've happened ?

I feel no pain, no spotting, and no pregnancy symptoms .
Please let me know what to expect and how to deal with whatever might be happening here .
Thanks ,
Blank
I think this maybe a chemical pregnancy else it should have doubled.  Do get ur hcg levels checked again to b sure
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank