Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Pregnancy and Herbal Incense

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Pregnancy and Herbal Incense
I really need help.  My girlfriend has smoked herbal incense for about a year and now we have made the decision to try and get pregnant in a few weeks.  She is currently still smoking but states she will quit once pregnant.  Will this effect our ability to get pregnant?
Hi!
If your girlfriend was my patient, I would advise her that smoking incense could affect both hers and your fertility. I would also advise her that the addiction is a difficult one to overcome and can take quite some time.  If you two are serious about becoming parents, I would strongly suggest quitting now--because it is likely to be more difficult than you think.
Good luck!
Dr B