Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Problems With Ovulation

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Problems With Ovulation

I am 23 and have a son who was born 09/05/2008 via C Section. He is 4 now. I got pregnant in august 2010. Unfortunatly I had a miscarriage. Only 9 weeks later. I went to the Er and was told there was HCG in my blood. Wen I went to the doctor I was told it may have been due to a bad ovum?? I have not been on any BC since and have not concieved. Wen I concieved my son I was having sex even on the days of my period. The only thing I have changed is now I don't have sex on my period. I have read a lot on how some women ovulation right before, during and/or right after their period. I have had 3 doctors and none will even look into me being infertal because in NC they won't until your 26. They told me my weight was to blame but how can that be wen women every day much larger than I concieve (conceive) every day? Please I need advice as I just got married and we want very much to have a little one of our own as I have a son and he has a son.
I really need some advice any info would be helpful please
Have you looked into Hormonal Imbalance?
No doctor will check my hormones ivory had 4 doctors in the past 2 yes they tell me not to even worry ab trying to concieve (conceive) untill I loose weight.
hey hun,

have they tested you for PCOS i have it and it stops you ovulating. I weigh 64kg and am 168cm tall and the doctor told me to try and excersize every day as even the smallest amount of weighloss can kick start a pregnancy.

i have noticied with me my periods are becoming a little more regular i.e. i used to not have a period for about 4 months- 5months, now its average from 2 months to 5 months.  pcos is a hormone imbalance that is linked to high levels of testosterone in your blood and insuline resistance making it hard for your hormones to regulate which stops ovulation.  look into it hun, symptoms i have are, high levels of testosterone, borderline insuline resistance, depression, excessive hair on my arms, dandruff, irregular periods.

could be worth it for you to look into.
Well see I have almost perfect periods they just don't last but 2-4 days average and I only have one day of super heavy bleeding. Then its like spotting or discharge. Can having a c section prolong conception? Also I just got married and iv been in a better life situation since may ivory been noticing regular weight loss with out really trying could being stressed out for so long and then finally being happy cause weight loss? Its not drastic just like 3 or 4 albs every few months
I know stress can cause things to be delayed. I would say try and take your mind off it for a couple of weeks. I know that's sounds harsh but with u just getting married and your losing the weight you could be under a bit of stress but not conscious of it. Hope this helps