Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Progesterone Level
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Progesterone Level

In sept I started taking 50 mg of clomid days 3 to 7. I had my progesterone level checked on day 21 which was 33.6. Everything I read says that over 15 when medicated is good.. well my nurse called and said that my levels were low and she wants me to up my dose to 100mg of clomid.. to me this doesnt sit right. Why should I up it if I ovualated? Im on clomid because I dont ovualte and if I did, it did its job... right? Any advice would be appreciated!
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would NOT increase you Clomid dose.  The higher the dosage the more likely it is that problems such as luteal phase defect occur. A progesterone level of 34 is quite good.  I would stay the course, personally,  You might wish to speak with your MD before starting the next cycle--he/she may have a reason for the increase that we don't know about.
Good luck!
Dr B
4 Comments
Blank
Thank you!!

I have an appointment on Oct 24 which I will talk to him then, but for now, im going to stay on the 50mg.

Thanks again for your response!
Blank
  I am 44yrs old. I had a myomectomy 4yrs ago . i have been trying to get pregnant for 20yrs it never happen. Can u please help me. Is there some meds that i can take to get pregnant. Please help
Blank
I have been trying to get pregnant for 20yrs..I am 44yrs old
Any help
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949